Abitiy to utilize the filament sensor of the Vyper

What is the problem?

Printer runs out of filament, detects it, stops feeding, octoprint is continue printing in thin air.

What did you already try to solve it?

check if a plugin or a trigger is found anywhere to add for implementation.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no, as it would not implement any features.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20211217101927.zip (30.9 KB)

If the filament sensor is connected to the printer, then the printer's firmware needs to have Action Commands enabled, so that it can inform OctoPrint that the filament has runout and it should pause.

thanks for the reply so if that is the case, i have to watch the output window of Octoprint and see if a specific string appears, or ask the manufacturer, then build a kind of trigger?
The filament sensor is already integrated into the printer, so I suppose that should be the case.

Any luck here? I just ran into this last night and trying to figure out what to do next.

You can lengthen the cable from the filament sensor and run it to your GPIO pins and install this plugin Filament Sensor Simplified Then in the Terminal Suppress temperature messages send M412 S0 and than M500 that will disable the filament sensor so it doesn't beep all the time saying it's out a filament when it is not then send M503 and the last line should say M412 S0

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.