Access second LAN webcam from internet thru octoprint, any how?

Camera model

• Raspicam V2 on the Pi3B+
  • Ethernet Vivotek IP8161 on internal LAN IP

What is the problem?
I want to have acces to my octoprint from the outside. I need to control the printer state while printing thru webcams.
Redirecting the Raspi port to access it from outside works.
Redirecting the internal IP cam to internet work. But this in fact is a major security concern !

So, when I'm redirecting the only raspi port over the internet I can have access to the raspicam connected to the pi. Now on, I cannot have access to the internal IP8161 cam, (I'm using the multicam plugin)

What did you already try to solve it?

tried several redirection configuration in order to make the octoprint see the internal web and relaying it thru it's IP

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

I don't think log are needed here.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

1.5.3 Octoprint under 0.17 octopi on a Raspi3B+ Ethernet connected.
Raspicam V2 onboard
Vivotek IP8161 on conventional range IP
Multicam pug-in

Everything works fine on LAN.

So, trying several configuration and tinkering the internets I haven't found what I'm looking for.

My help need concern to have access to the second webcam (that is ethernet only) only by the octoprint environment, assuming it's the only that have a "user/login" connection that set a good (even if low) access security.

Clues ?

I would set up a vpn :slight_smile:

Yep ... I'm trying hard since you answer this.
assuming my "Freebox Delta" FAI can act as a OpenVPN server ...
tried several profile configuration without understanding the point.

Seems that android doesn't support "TAP" mode (bridged)
And in routed (TUN) mode I have some "ifconfig adresses are not in the same subnet" error messages

I'm still googling or duckduckgoing ton's of article trying to find a solution without success. :crazy_face: :cry: :scream:

I wish, when (successfully) connected to VPN that I only have to type an IP to connect to octoprint then it can also relay webcam flux.

simple.

seem's simplicity is uber most complicated while at computing and networking. I'm probably missing some points.

Tinkering source reminder :
VPN Bridgé Freebox
VPN Bridgé setup
OpenVPN faq

Edit # 1 21.02.19
So ... I'm a bit fu...d

some thing as a clue in the haproxy.cfg with backend ?

@Slartibartfass my second cam isn't USB it is IP:webcam and it deliver a M.jpg flux.

not yet a solution.

in fact Octoprint is able to activate or inactivate my TPlink plug that is another IP device, but isn't able to relay my IP webcam video, sounds weird.