Adding 7inch monitor

**What is the problem?**i have raspberry up running since a month without any issues, so,i decided i wanted to add the raspberry pi official 7'' monitor to my raspberry pi

**What did you already try to solve it?**nothing, dont wanna screw everything

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

i wanna know how to i get raspbian to work, do i use the samesd card and just add raspian to it ??? do i erase everything ??
so, basically, iwannahow to activate my monitor and keep octoprint up and running without making things go bad

How does that offical monitor attach to the Pi? If you don't know, please provide a pointer to the description of the product. There should also be installation instructions somewhere. Providing a pointer to those might help us.

You probably will want to install the desktop. There's a script to do that ("sudo ~/scripts/install-desktop" if I remember right).

OctoPi is built from "Raspbian Lite". You should be able to start with the OctoPi image and install stuff. Nothing needs to be erased.

this one?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/

When you login to your octopi using ssh you will be able to find in ~/scripts a script called "install-desktop" so you can run it "sudo /home/pi/scripts/install-desktop" and you can install the desktop tools for the raspberry pi (xwindows etc etc..) ... trough script you can select to boot into gui directly or not..

this will get your screen working... now note that rpi is not a very powerfull machine and you can break your prints (introduce delays etc) if you run gui on a single core rpi (like zero or A or B rpi..) it might be ok on rpi3 but I would still not risk it...

if you want to have touchscreen gui for your rpi I found that it's much better option to use some old android phone (you can get them cheaper then rpi these days) and one of the android gui apps that connects to octopi via api .. you get fast & decent gui interface that does not in any way burden your rpi so it can properly handle printing