Adding more icons to Octoprint

What is the problem?

I would like to add some custom icons to Octoprint. I'm not sure if the system and plugins share the same set of icons but in certain plug-ins (like "UI Customizer") they allow me to choose an icon for something like a control button. I want to add an icons that looks like an enclosure+thermometer, enclosure+fan, etc.

Is there a folder that I can drop new icons in? If so can I access it through Octoprint?

What did you already try to solve it?

I can't see anything special when I take the octoprint SD card out and pop it into my computer.

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

n/a

Complete Logs

n/a

Additional information about your setup

Latest Octoprint 1.5.2, R.PI-4/4GB

It's not images, it's a font (remember Wingdings on old PCs? This font that displays all sorts of icons and numbers when you change a normal text to it in MS Word?):

The package used is:

1 Like

The new version uses font awesome 5 (class="fas fa-ICONNAME") - the icon picker for UI customizer is one I made.

1 Like

Just to chime in here, it's not possible to just 'add' more icons, since they are part of the source, which uses Font Awesome 5 (linked above).

It is possible from a plugin however, to include additional icon sets in the UI, but as @Laze has mentioned, the icon picker works with FA5 icons.

I like your icon picker a little better than the one I was using. Very well done.

Thanks. I have been kinda busy with a bit private projects the last couple of days. Will update my plugin, and couple of other things and then look into the bugs. The icon picker needs a bit more generic handling.