After Octopi 1.0 update cannot connect through wifi

Hi, I am a noob when it comes to using raspberry pi/octopi/linux and have run into issues. Since updating to Octopi 1.0 (octopi-1.0.0-1.8.7-20230302160739 as a clean install through Raspberry Pi Imager) I have run into 2 issues. Prior to updating to Octopi 1.0 I was having no issues.

What is the problem?

First, I have my pi (Raspberry Pi 4 B 8GB RAM) hooked up to the Raspberry Pi 7” touchscreen.
'
Second, is I am unable to access Octopi through SSH or the internet. I am stuck on the screen “You may now open a web browser on your local network and navigate to any of the following addresses to access octoprint: (Blank until) https is available, with a self-signed certificate.” I have not been able to connect to octoprint when this happens.

What did you already try to solve it?

1)When trying to run octopi on it the touchscreen will not work. I have tried reinstalling (fresh install using Raspberry Pi Imager) 8 times and it will not work. I know its not the screen because I installed Raspberry Pi OS and it worked just fine. I then tried installing Octopi and it doesn’t work.

2)I am stuck on the screen “You may now open a web browser on your local network and navigate to any of the following addresses to access octoprint: (Blank until) https is available, with a self-signed certificate.” I have not been able to connect to octoprint when this happens. I got this screen the first 2 times I clean installed octopi. The 3rd time it showed me the ip address I could access it on and I was able to access it. Unfortunately, that 3rd time my touchscreen would not work so I tried a clean install of Octopi again. The next 4-5 times I did a clean install of Octopi I ran into the same problem as the first 2 times and it would not show an ip address to access it and I was unable to find it. Each time it would not show and ip address to connect to I tried connecting to every connection showed on my router and was unable to access my Octopi. When I did install Raspberry Pi OS I was able to connect to the internet.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Unable to access Octoprint to try running in safe mode in all but 1 try. The 1 time I could access Octoprint I did try safemode.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

The one time I was able to access Octoprint, safemode did not solve the problem with my touchscreen not working.

Systeminfo Bundle

Not being able to access Octopi I am unaware of how to access Systeminfo Bundle

Additional information about your setup

Version: octopi-1.0.0-1.8.7-20230302160739
Printer: Prusa i3 MKS+

Personal Computer
Browser: Chrome

I tried to get as much information as I could. If more is needed please let me know, and being a noob how to get it.

Thanks for any and all help.

*** Thanks for the help. I just got it working today by rebooting the pi by connecting a keyboard to it, sudo reboot. I kept rebooting it until is gave me an ip address to ssh into. Then as @WWR said I ran updates until I got the response that their were no more updates, 3-4 times. For those noobies like me use sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade. After all was said and done I was finally able to access it through wifi. I have not been able to check and see if my touchscreen is working but if its not I can live with that for now.

Hello @drac2485 !

It seems it has no connection to your network.

As you are able to see what's going on on the Pi via the monitor/TV, you can attach a keyboard and type

sudo raspi-config

The default password is raspberry

There you have to navigate withe the cursor keys.
Go to point 1 by hitting the enter key
There to S1
There you check/retype your WiFi credentials.

I had a similar problem after installing 1.0.0. I found it would occasionally briefly connect to wifi and I kept trying until I could ssh into it, and then ran updates. It stayed connected through the update process and I haven’t had any problems since.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.