Alfawise U20 3D Printer

Hi

I have a Reprap 3D printer DIY since 4 years and I'm using Octoprint to drive it.
I've just bought a Alfawise U20 3D Printer and it seems I won't be able to use Octoprint with it, any experience about this printer ?

Regards
Yann

I haven't seen anything that confirms nor denies your suggestion that OctoPrint couldn't run this printer. I suppose it all depends upon the existence of a serial port (which it seems to) and a firmware which is mainstream (like Marlin). Otherwise, I have no experience with this printer.

Thanks for your response, I will try and post a feed back.

I was about to buy a Alfawise U20 ONE...I see that this model uses Marlin firmware.. My main question is has anyone been able to connect OctoPrint to the Alfawise U20 ONE?

@madpb: Yes, in general Alfawise U20 One works with Octoprint.
But it does not really have Marlin. The firmware is based on Marlin, but there are no sources for it. To my best knowledge there is no Marlin for U20 One (yet, I hope) .
Remote printing works ok. What does not work (at least for me) is remote control over SD card - firmware shows no files on the card, you can't upload a file and use Octoprint to start printing from SD.
No issues with printing via the serial port.

It seems to me that the U20 marlin config should also run one the U20 one.
If I'm not mistaken they changed just some things that don't affect the configuration, like bigger screen, other bed material and two Z axis which are probably wired in parallel.
Also they made the whole design more compact.

They have also changed the board. In the effect you can't run Marlin on U20 ONE (at least not yet), while you can do it on U20.
Gearbest claims this printer runs Marlin, but it does not seem to be true - it runs a software based on Marlin V1, but they give no source code. Current version of their firmware is V2.17 I found some more details on the printer here: http://lharuun.free.fr/index.php
Anyway, I did not succeed in making it display anything on the microSD card - not with 8.3 names nor with smaller FAT16 partition on the card. M20 returns no files like it's just not implemented (files of course are there and you can print them from printer's menu). So you can't print from SD in Octoprint.
The printer does not send the pause information on the serial connection when the filament runs out - it simply ignores the filament run out sensor when printing via serial, so it has to be handled otherwise.