Android connectivity problem

What is the problem?

I cannot connect to octopi local IP on Android.

I can access octoprint fine from my desktop. I'm on the same network.

What did you already try to solve it?

Can't really find anyone else with this issue, so I don't even know where to start.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog... no bundle, no support, unless the reason you couldn't retrieve the bundle is your network issues

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

The octopi.local name is a Bonjour name (see also). I'm not sure if there is a version for Android.

You should be able to connect using the IP address instead.

If you need additional help, please start by uploading a systeminfo bundle and additional information (i.e. details) of your network configuration and the systems involved (including version numbers). Note: The blue text is a link.

FYI, Android has supported mDNS/DNS-SD since late 2021, & it has played well with the mDNS/DNS-SD support on the Pi (avahi-daemon) and Windows (Bonjour) on my network. I can resolve .local addresses from the Android device.

That's good to know. I have a local (DHCP and) DNS server so I connect from my Android devices using my local domain name. However, this doesn't solve @Carson_Harris's issue so without additional information, there's not much we can do.