Any way to add own line to temperature graph?

Hi. I was unable to find out how can I add a custom temperature line to temperature graph. Could you help me a little ?

1 Like

That's a tough one. In theory, this is the file responsible for pulling the data together.

My guess is that this is something best done inside the core functionality of OctoPrint itself. And yet, one could in theory hook into the handler which updates the temperature graph and overclass it to add your own series of data.

Gina has talked about overhauling it in 1.4.x, it's a common request.

2 Likes

After looking through the forum I didn't find any real way to add an additional temperature. But I stumbled across the octoprint.comm.protocol.temperatures.received hook.

• It is not specified what happens if you return more values than received. I will try
  • You could overwrite an existing temperature here.

I my setup I have an external nozzle control (for many reasons) so I actually write a plugin that overwrites the existing nozzle (unused but still present) by the printer through an API / custom plugin. The drawback is that I would like to have a higher time resolution of the temperature than the updates from the controller.

The ideal solution would be to add a software nozzle. Long term goal is to build and interface so you can connect it like a "normal nozzle" to any printer board but for now this is not possible.

You might read about this development.