Anyway to display P.I.N.D.A 2 probe temperature?

What is the problem?

I would like to display the probe temperature from a Triangle Labs P.I.N.D.A 2 probe in Octoprint.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried enabling chamber temperature and a second extruder.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Running on an SKR v1.3 Marlin 2.0.6

Hello @Derrick_Rockwell!

On a Prusa printer, there is command M105 with parameter P to read the PINDA 2 temperature.
So with a plugin it should be possible to display it on the OctoPrint GUI.

You are running a SKR v1.3 with Marlin 2.0.6, so you have to check if M105 or another command/parameter supports reading the PINDA 2 temp.

Hey all, this thread got me thinking about how to get the PINDA temp into a graph easily without messing around with Octo too much.

I am using the "Top Temp" Plug-In for OctoPrint as in this you can create a custom Temperature item, and then once you have selected "From Printer" as the Type, you can select Regexp" to "Probe" from the Pre-Defined Drop-Down Menu Button.

This then creates a nice graph at the top that can be shown on mouse-over to see the PINDA probe temperature.

1 Like