ArcWelder Plugin: Unknown error while checking for update, please check the logs

What is the problem?

Plugin seems to have updated OK to 1.0.0 when upgrading to OctoPrint 1.8.0 - but when I go into the Software Update screen, i see:

Unknown error while checking for update, please check the logs

What did you already try to solve it?

disabled and re-enabled the plugin.
Rebooted RPi and restarted Octoprint.
Removed and re-installed plugin.
Checked logs - didn't see anything.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20220517134703.zip (37.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Raspberry Pi 2 - though working fine until now. On Python 3.7.3
Octoprint 1.8.0

It is an error with the plugin's update configuration unfortunately. There's lots of issues on the plugin's issue tracker, for example:

Ha - thanks. Perhaps I should have checked there first :slight_smile: though that bug report is from 2020

It is, though the last 'stable' release was also then. You can manually upgrade to a development version if you want to for new features, which also fixes the software update configuration.

You could also use the ArcWelder slicer plugins instead of the OctoPrint plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.