Arducam 64MP camera

Camera model Arducam 64MP AF

What is the problem? cant get to work in octoprint

What did you already try to solve it? have installed libcamera etc

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

Any idea how to get this camera working with octopi please?

Arducam should provide a guide on getting the camera working - it's very new hardware so I would expect that they provide instructions, most of their newer cameras are not compatible with mjpg streamer and you have to install their updated versions that adds support for it. For example this is their guide for the IMX519 Solution Of Using Autofocus Camera On OctoPrint - Arducam

I've checked all over as well, nothing from Arducam on this ether. Has anyone else had any luck getting this to work. I've also reached out to Arducam to see if they can help

I have gotten it to work using their official 64mp arducam guide, along with the autofocus arducam octoprint guide. But the issue I am having is, you have to use a secondary webstream software and it doesn't support pausing mjpeg/liveview and taking full or higher resolution pictures. So the end result is just a screenshot of the live view, and once you stream close to 4k the fps is 6-8 and live view is awful. I would like it to work like octo4a where the live cam can be 480-1080p and the snapshot for a timelapse can be anything the camera supports. I tried to get octolapse triggers to work with libcamera but libcamera currently spits out warnings before saving the picture and octolapse sees these as errors and won't accept the trigger. Even if I get octolapse triggers did work, libcamera can't save jpegs when webstreamer is active, so no liveview. If there isn't a fix soon, I might just run a cheap webcam for livestream and the arducam for timelapses.

Hey Joescalon, Arducam send me a link for setting up the camera with a custom Octoprint OS, is that the one your currently using?

If so is it just straight forward to image and connect camera to at least get a picture and can you do time lapse videos?