Arducam able to stream from ssh but octoprint won't recognize it

Camera model

Arducam 5MP OV5647

What is the problem?

Octoprint won't stream the camera. I was able to stream to VLC but octoprint refuses to stream anywhere I can find

What did you already try to solve it?

changed configs, restarts, unplug and plug it back in, multiple urls.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20240121195236.zip (346.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Rasperry pi os lite, klipper, brave, * OctoPrint 1.9.3

• Python 3.9.2
  • OctoPi* 1.0.0cam (build 2023.07.20.144556)

From your logs:

Jan 21 19:06:55 Wyrm sh[1517]: /bin/sh: 1: exec: /usr/bin/camera-streamer: not found
Jan 21 19:06:55 Wyrm systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
Jan 21 19:06:55 Wyrm systemd[1]: camera-streamer-libcamera.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 21 19:07:05 Wyrm systemd[1]: Stopped camera-streamer libcamera.

Your installation is missing files, corrupt or otherwise incomplete.

Remember that Octoprint does not actually do the streaming. It is "camera-streamer" that handles the streams. Octoprint merely passes the stream addreses to the user's interface.

Sorry, but could you help me install the camera-streamer? Or do I need to reinstall octoprint

Are you using a Raspberry Pi?

If so you may want to grab the latest image with the new camera stack.

Camera-streamer is the "stack" and the Pi image has everything baked into it.

Yes, I am using an Rpi. so I need to reflash it?

Yes use the RP Imager program and make sure you select the version with the new camera stack. Something is amiss with your existing image as camera-streamer is baked into the release image.

Don't forget to enter a username/password (the greyed out defaults DO NOT WORK, though you can give "pi" and "raspberry" for those if desired). Also set your WiFI and country code info in the imager. Give the PI enough time to resize the partitions on first boot, and then it reboots again.

Sorry, it has been a while but I reflashed the os and have been working on it. I am not running mainsail & octoprint on raspberry pi 64 bit lite through KIAUH, but neither will stream through the webcam still any suggestions?

Since you are running a non OctopPi image, if you want to use the new Camera-Streamer program you will have to download it from it's GIT hub page, then set up a script to automatically start it.

There are examples on the Git Hub page for the startup and configuration scripts.

The camera streaming set up is completely independent of Octoprint and can be tested separately.

Where would I find the octoprint configs for it? I installed it from here: Release v0.2.8 · ayufan/camera-streamer · GitHub

But when I tried to enable the configs it spit out the error: ==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE ====
Failed to enable unit: Unit file camera-streamer.service does not exist.
==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units ====

and ls -al /usr/share/camera-streamer/examples/ outputs: drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 3 11:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Mar 3 11:25 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 752 May 26 2023 camera-streamer-generic-usb-cam.service

The octoprint config files are included in the image as well as a custom set of tools to manage adding and deleting cameras. Using the image is the easiest way to set things up.

In your case you will have to manually set up the correct service file and add it as a service startup script. There are examples in the camera-streamer/service git page.

Thank you, I reflashed and it works now. Now to install the af drivers and hope that works.

Please mark this as "solved".

Thanks!

And after a while of it working w/ everything it broke again. maybe undervoltage or something?