Arducam OV5647 Power LED light isn't illuminating after OS update

Camera model

What is the problem?

Power LED light stopped illuminating after upgrade from buster to bullseye. Unable to locate any file or instructions on how to resolve the issue after the update. I can provide any files necessary for reviewing settings! Just let me know which ones!

What did you already try to solve it?

Tested camera module on another Raspberry Pi 3B+ model still running buster. Power LED functioned as it should, therefore I don't think this is a hardware issue.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

n/a

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: True
connectivity.enabled: True
connectivity.online: True
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: True
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1200.0
env.hardware.ram: 912703488
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_camera_stack: camera-streamer
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 1.0.0
env.plugins.pi_support.octopiuptodate_build: 1.0.0-1.9.3-20231009154319
env.plugins.pi_support.octopiuptodate_build_short: 2023.10.09.154319
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_check_enabled: True
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_check_functional: True
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 22.3
env.python.version: 3.9.2
env.python.virtualenv: True
octoprint.last_safe_mode.date: 2022-09-05T00:53:10Z
octoprint.last_safe_mode.reason: incomplete_startup
octoprint.safe_mode: False
octoprint.version: 1.9.3
printer.firmware: Marlin bugfix-JyersUI v2.0.1 (Nov 5 2021 21:19:34)
systeminfo.generated: 2023-11-11T20:47:13Z
systeminfo.generator: zipapi

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Most provided in systeminfobundle, printer: Ender 3v2

Bullseye uses a new camera stack. Raspicam is no longer used.. it's libcamera.

I'm aware of that. I haven't turned on legacy camera support either because it crashed my entire OS and I had to reflash. I was in between prints and decided to finish the OS upgrades on my 2nd printer and it now has the same problems as the one I was initially talking about in this inquiry but I have no video at all. I've tried everything I've tried on the first camera but I simply cannot get this thing to work at all now.

If I remember right, Arducam had drivers (and software) that needed to be installed. In any case, perhaps asking in their forums might yield some more useful information.

I had installed all the camera drivers upon receiving the cameras, but after the update neither of my cameras are working. It appears that with the recent OctoPrint OS update at the time I'm writing this my camera settings were reverted back to the original config and now I have no image for my camera at all. I have issues updating thge conf file as I can't get it to save via WinSCP (I've tried the SFTP and SCP settings and neither will allow me to save the file).

Unless they have updated their documents, the documents provided by ArduCam are outdated and don't work with the new camera stack. Has anyone else found a workaround for this? Or is there something I'm completely overlooking?

The Arducam folks would be the ones responsible for updating their drivers (and their documentation) from Buster to Bullseye (and to Bookworm).

OctoPrint is an application written primarily in Python and is operating system independent.

OctoPi is a custom image of the Raspberry Pi OS (formerly called Raspbian) that has OctoPrint pre-installed. There are currently two images available, one with a new camera stack and one without.

The Raspberry Pi OS based on Buster has different camera support than the one based on Bullseye (and I don't know what changes have been made in Bookworm).

Your issues with WinSCP are a separate problem as SSH, SFTP, and SCP are part of the base OS and are not modified in the OctoPi images.

I got this camera to work in the new camera stack by making sure i2c was enabled in raspi-config and using these settings in libcamera.conf (runninig on pi zero 2 w).

### Options for libcamera based cameras (PiCam, Arducam, ...)

# The port on which the webcam server for the camera should listen on. If you have only
# one camera, leave at 8080. If you have more, change to 8081, 8082, etc. The primary
# camera will be considered the one with 8080.
PORT=8080

# The resolution to request on the camera sensor. Defaults to 1280x720.
WIDTH=1920
HEIGHT=1080

# The height to use for the video stream. Defaults to 720.
VIDEO_HEIGHT=480

# The height to use for the snapshots. Defaults to 1080.
SNAPSHOT_HEIGHT=1080

# The framerate to set on the camera. Defaults to 15fps.
FRAMERATE=15

# Additional options. By default enables continuous auto focus (if possible).
OPTIONS='--camera-options="AfMode=2" --camera-options="AfRange=2"'

I don't think the focus plugin has worked in some time, but I haven't played around with it yet.

my test machine, so it's just pointed at the TV.

I was able to get the plugin to work after going through and enabling i2c and whatnot, but when I try to alter the resolution in the new libcamera.conf so that I have better bandwidth for remote monitoring it practically breaks the camera. The power-on LED hasn't worked with this OS at all. I'm just reflashing and saying to hell with it at this point until I can find a better camera.

I've tried every configuration I've found to try to be able to work on files within WinSCP and I can edit but not save. I've done it before using those same steps but it won't let me save because of a "permissions" error.

WinSCP will use the permissions of the username, password you used when you established the connection. These should be the same username, password you use in PuTTY to connect via SSH.

it's because the files are in boot partition, and the pi user doesn't have access without sudo. you can upload your file to the user's home directory and then use sudo mv to move the file, or better just edit directly with sudo nano /boot/camera-streamer/<filename>. then ctrl+s to save, strl+x to exit.

I'm using the same credentials I established when I flashed the pi. I've tried all the settings I've found online in these communities and I've only had one successful attempt at a file save and that was over a year ago. I didn't mess with my printers for a few months and when I went back to try again,it wouldn't work again.

I tried the sudo settings in sftp and scp and I still couldn't get anything to save.

you would SSH to the pi and run that command, not sftp/winscp.