Are calibrations needed?

What is the problem?

WRITE HERE

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

So someone said on another forum they were having problems calibrating their Octoprint. So my question is, do I need to calibrate esteps, baby steps, etc in Octoprint? I've calibrated all that in the Marlin software, but it didn't occur to me I needed to do it for Octoprint. I assumed it used the printer software when it printed. If I need to calibrate Octoprint, how do I do it ???

I never calibrated anything in OctoPrint.
These things are so much hardware related, they have to be calibrated with the printer's firmware.

Actually, there is nothing to calibrate within OctoPrint.
Imagine OctoPrint as a smart SD card with additional features. And a SD card you can't calibrate too.

2 Likes

Thank you, sir. I didn't see any way to do calibrations in Octoprint, but I'm still very new at this, and wondered if I was missing it. For some reason, my prints using Octoprint do not seem as good as prints using a USB drive. So when I saw that post, I wondered if the difference was because I was to stupid to see how to calibrate Octoprint. Thanks again.

1 Like