Are these bugs in Octoprint or bugs in plugins?

What is the problem?

I have Octoprint installed v1.5.3
These are my installed Plugins:
Custom Controlled Editor
Firmware Check
Floating Navbar
Navbar Temperature Plugin
Printer Dialogs
Printer Notifications
Themelfy
UI Customezer
Virtual Printer

1. The calculation by Octoprint of the time to print is way way off. Prusa slicer says 17 minutes, Octoprint says 30 minutes. It gets worse if the print is large. I printed a 16.5 hour print and Octoprint said 1 day and 17 hours!!!

2. On my "Control" tab screen the webcam is showing but not in the sidebar on the right. Sometimes the same thing with the main large webcam stream. Says "loading Webcam but never loads. A complete restart of the Pi is needed.

Update.: Octoprint was actually printing something when above happened. On print complete the smaller webcam stream started up again!!! However the other problem with Webcam stream persists and requires a system restart.

What did you already try to solve it?

Nothing much other than a restart. I am unfamiliar with linux.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Nope.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

See above

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)
octoprint.log (12.3 KB)
plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (52.3 KB)
serial.log (444 Bytes)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
v1.5.3 running on Pi B

Not a deal breaker but annoying nonetheless.

Original topic did not allow > 1 media file. This is the image of Octoprint and its wrong print time calculations. calculations.
The Prusa slicer one is much more accurate as shown in the file name.

The analysis in OctoPrint is not known for its accuracy. It's a trade-off between speed and accurate analysis. If you want more accurate print time analysis, you can install the Print Time Genius plugin, which runs a more resource intense analysis but is far more accurate.

The second issue is definitely a plugin, since OctoPrint by default does not even have a right sidebar. I think it may be the UI Customizer plugin that embeds that.

If in doubt about plugin bugs vs. core OctoPrint bugs, use safe mode.

Charlie thnx for the plugin tip re calculation of time.

Regarding the webcam, I suspected the bug to be in the plugin. However for 3 days days before the main webcam stream had the same problem. But over the last 2 days it has worked fine I will keep an eye on that.

How do I use safe mode with Octoprint?

Ok. Don’t answer that. My query showed a link to the docs about how to restart in safe mode.:+1:

1 Like