AT2560 LCD stop print support AND/OR load file to driver board SD card

What is the problem?
I would like to maintain override control while physically at the printer. I started working with printer by printing from SD card so was first comfortable with this. I added Octopi and moved my printed into the garage. Now I have to run back and forth across the house to pause/stop/start prints. I ended up disconnecting the octopi entirely because of this.

Alternatively I don't mind kicking off the prints from my SD card if I could just remotely load the file through the webpage through RPI onto the SD card. Anytime I do this it automatically starts printing and doesn't seem to save the file to SD card.

It seems Marlin firmware removes these functions when printing from COM port. There are tags for 'SDCARD' in the code for certain functionality. I am not expert on Octopi but it seems like it just puke data down the COM port and cannot be stopped from the LCD menus once started. Maybe this problem is on Marlin end but I am unsure.

What did you already try to solve it?
I have done research on forums to find solution under octoprint or marlin firmware changes

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
N/A

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)
Octopi 0.16.0, Octoprint 1.3.11. CR10s, Marlin 1.1.9, Rpi 1.0 B+, wifi usb + pi cam

My printer and my desktop are separated as well. I have a tablet (or you could use a smartphone) with TouchUI or Printoid on them that sits next to the printer.