Backup restore on newer version

What is the problem?
I damaged my sd card with OctoPrint on it and i couldn't get it work anymore. I installed Octop. On another sd card and now i am trying to restore an older backup of Octoprint that i made using the web interface but i get an error saying "backup is from a newer version of octoprint and cannot be applied"

What did you already try to solve it?
Reinstall octoprint
Check log file
Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

"Backup is from a newer version of octoprint and cannot be applied"

Additiona information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Octopi version : 0.17.0
Octoprint version :1.3.12
Windows 10 using Chrome
I am using Raspberry pi 3B+ with ender 3 pro and mks gen l notherboard
I ca read the backup files and configure everything back as it was, i am referring to plugins and settings but i am wondering if there isn't a beeter solution for this problem. May i install and older version of octoprint? After that how i change the version of octopi?

With what version of OctoPrint have you made the backup?
Maybe you first update from OctoPrint V1.3.12 to V1.4.0.

Hy, thanks for answering me, i just found that my last version that i was runing is Octoprint: 1.3.12 and Octopi: 0.17.0 , so i am trying to restore the backup on Octoprint 1.3.12. If the versions are not the same i cant restore the backup? What to do , can install an older version then update to s new one ?

A newer version should process a backup file from an older version without problems.
But you can get problems when you try to backup from a newer version to an older version.

You can do this:

• Make a copy of your backup file
  • Unzip this copy.
  • Have a look into the file: metadata.json - it should look like this
    {"excludes": ["uploads", "timelapse", "timelapse_tmp"], "version": "1.4.0"}
    at the end is the version of OctoPrint that made the backup

I looked at the file and i see {"excludes": [], "version" : "1.4.0"}

So i may update the octoprint to a newer version and the problem is that i was trying to restore from a newer version to on older one. Thanks you verry much for the quick answers!!!

1 Like