Blank webpage after leaving Octopi on overnight

What is the problem?

When i leave the Raspberry Pi 3B V2 on overnight, the web ui becomes unresponsive and needs to be taken into safe mode and restarted to work.

I have no idea if this is correlation or causation, but the issue seemed to start once i upgraded to 1.5.3

What did you already try to solve it?

I reinstalled from scratch using octopi and restored from a backup. I have also disabled some of newer plugins I have added, but the issue persists. I also read through the log file, but every things looks normal to me, but i'm wholly uninformed.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Rebooting into safe mode and then restarting clears the error and allows the printer to work for ~6-10 more hours unused. If i am actively printing there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Yes, but not in the long term.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log (126.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Using Ender 3 with a BTT SKR Mini E3 2.0 and marlin 2.0.7 from their github.
I am using Vivaldi browser (more privacy focused Chromium browser)

Octoprint: Version 1.5.3
Octopi: Version 0.18.0
Windows 10 2004 (i have tried from a different Windows 10 device on the same network and it also has the same problem)

1 Like

Are you connecting via WiFi?

Some routers terminate WiFi connections after a certain time of no data traffic.

You may also try with the spaghetti detective disabled. When the plugin can't reach the server - for what reason ever - it can get not so good.

I connect via wifi, I will disable TSD and see how things go on and then open a ticket with TSD if that seems to solve the issue.

1 Like

What did you upgrade from? If it was 1.5.2 to 1.5.3, that was almost 100% server side tiny bugfixes, nothing that could cause this. There have been memory leaks in the past, you could check the browser task manager when you have these issues to see if the OctoPrint page is taking up a lot of resources.