Boot Load Issue

What is the problem?

My SD card reader on my Ender 3 v2 won't register my SD cards so I'm forced to boot load but I'm having difficulty with that. I'm not sure if my settings are wrong as I couldn't find a guide for the v2.

Particularly the AVR MCU, I'moctoprint (1).log (128.8 KB) serial (2).log (444 Bytes) not sure if that correct.

The other thing I'm curious about is the format. The guide I saw on YouTube was using a .hex file while as far as I've seen most are .bin format. The firmware I'm trying to install is from TH3D and I can't find a .hex file from them and the .bin file didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

What did you already try to solve it?

Initially I tried different SD cards but I'd want to get this figured out either way. I've tried looking for the .hex files as well as any support on this and came up empty.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Logs uploaded, please let me know if any other logs would be helpful.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint Version 1.5.3.
OctoPi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
Ender 3 v2 1.0.2
Chrome Browser Windows10

I can't test the correct settings right now but you don't have an ATmega mcu - your board got an STM 32-bit processor.

I'm not quite sure what that means?

Thank you for your response @PrintedWeezl. Oh ok I have to find the setting for that. I meant that it didn't seem like the sd card reader was reading any of my sd card so I was trying to boot through Octoprint. I have since been able to get the reader to read the sd cards and update the firmware that way.

In theory you should format your Micro SD card to the FAT32 file system and 4096 byte allocation size and put the firmware .bin on the sd card.
Then put the card in the sd slot of the board and power the printer on.

But I'm not familiar with that printer and can't tell it for sure.

Btw afaik the only thing the Marlin flash plugin does on 32 bit boards is to transfer the firmware .bin to the sd card.

For flashing an Ender 3 V2 with the 32 bit board, you need to use the binary file transfer method.

You can see the documentation here:

I'll definitely do that. Thank you @Charlie_Powell!