BTT SKR 1.4 Turbo No Connection

i have the skr 1.3, the fan on that goes to the second extruder heater on the board, and the other fan goes to the pins just above it

both do support PWM for fan speed control

use M106 S255 for fan 0 and M106 P1 S255 for fan 1

The SKR 1.3 and and 1.4 are pretty different with respect to layout. How the firmware is setup controls which place the part fan should be plugged into. I use the fan 0 for part fan and fan 2 for extruder fan on my cr10 clone with the SKR1.4 Turbo. I use two-wire (non PWM fans) as the controller uses PWM to vary the duty cycle as @jandar explained above. Just for clarity, 3-wire fans have ground, power, and tachometer (like Prusa extruder fan). PWM fans have ground, power, pwm input, and tachometer. In that case, the fan itself varies the speed based on a PWM spec published by the manufacturer.

Thanks for the clarification. So the 3 wire fans still use PWM on power and use the tacho as feedback?

Correct. To do that on an SKR1.4 board, you will need to have a pin available for the tachometer input, some hardware and change the firmware to support the tachometer read.There is a relevant issue on marlin firmware https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/11642 ... This is done with Prusa printers, but thus far, support on other platforms is generally not available. (which is why I use the less expensive two-wire fans on my SKR1.4 boards.)

Hey quad121!
I'm quit new to octopi and I'm having the same problem you had. Octopi connected with no problem to the ender 3 board but wont connect to the SKR 1.4 Turbo..
Is there any chance you can sum up the steps you took? as I'm having problem following them the this chain.

I'm using win11 rather than ios. Where should I type ls -ltr /dev | tail? What program/terminal. Thanks

Did you ever track it down? Same issue. Wonder if SKR board isn't compatable with octo?

There's no need to be on iOS, all you need is a way to SSH to the Pi to perform the commands in the Pi's terminal. On Windows, you can type ssh pi@IP ADDRESS to try and connect to it, eg. ssh pi@192.168.1.100.

Nope, it is definitely compatible and there's people with it working (in this thread even). Most of the connection issues are due to bad cables, make sure you have a cable that works for data transfer.