Bullseye, nginx welcome splash

What is the problem?

Well I missed the memo about staying on buster, and migrated to bullseye (I have a few pi's so have done this with all of them) however this upgrade went a bit wonky as I'm sure some of you can imagine.

What did you already try to solve it?

I followed some info here: PiOS Bullseye killed Octoprint - #10 by sammytrailor

And got octoprint running again with the reclone, I can tell it's running because I use a display with octoscreen and it was crashing before following the steps noted in a post in the topic linked above, but after running these:

mv ~/oprint ~/oprint.backup
python3 -m venv ~/oprint
~/oprint/bin/pip install octoprint

Octoprint appears to be running again.

Now though, even after using a posted / good config from the same thread for haproxy I am met with the nginx splash when trying to load octoprint:

The same splash is displayed for using octopi.local, and if I try the IP:PORT method to access the webUI too.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

n/a

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

n/a

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

n/a

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Latest octoprint, upgraded bullseye octopi image.

So managed to sort this, I went through the repository for octopi and found the images config files for various things.

During the upgrade, my nginx config had been moved for a new default config. Was simply a case of restoring the original config found in /etc/nginx/sites-available with the backed up one

If you are looking to resolve this and do not have this file, you can find the contents of it on the octopi github:

Hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.