C270 no stream with Octoprint 1.4

Camera modelLogitech C270

**What is the problem?**Get the still picture but the stream does not work. Webbrowser stream also does not work out using URL http://192.168.178.50:8080/ Web browser displays: 501: Not Implemented!
no www-folder configured

**What did you already try to solve it?**created an octopi.txt although that may not work when otpprint was installed in raspbian, right? and specified resolution and frame rate, multiple reboot.
the mjpg streamer launches but denotes that frame rate is "-1". Found no way to alter that since I assume that is the issue. Installed Raspian Buster - fresh load and followed the detailed installation instruction Setting up OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian
Tried to set camera options following Available mjpg-streamer configuration options
compiling mjpg-streamer works just fine, no compilation errors, launching gives the following:

pi@raspberrypiVerteilung1:~/mjpg-streamer/mjpg-streamer-experimental $ ./mjpg_streamer -i "./input_uvc.so" -o "./output_http.so"
MJPG Streamer Version: git rev: 501f6362c5afddcfb41055f97ae484252c85c912
i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0
i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
i: Frames Per Second.: -1
i: Format............: JPEG
i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULT
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_ADD - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt (relative): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Pan/tilt Reset: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Focus (absolute): Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Mode: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at LED1 Frequency: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Disable video processing: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
UVCIOC_CTRL_MAP - Error at Raw bits per pixel: Inappropriate ioctl for device (25)
o: www-folder-path......: disabled
o: HTTP TCP port........: 8080
o: HTTP Listen Address..: (null)
o: username:password....: disabled
o: commands.............: enabled

Checked related topics in the forum w/o finding a reasonable match or solution.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
/var/log/webcamd.log is empty

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)octoprint.log (176.0 KB) plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (97.1 KB)

That guide told you to install a helper script called webcamDaemon that takes care of proper parameters for your mjpg-streamer call. I suggest you do that.

From the looks of it your camera runs just fine, though you haven't specified a webroot for the output plugin and hence won't get a test page. Stream and snapshot should work though, at their respective URLs.

It's really all in the guide.

Hi Gina,
I indeed installed the helper scripts as per installation guide, both webcam and webcamDaemon. Unfortunately they do not get executed and error 127 comes up when called from the Octoprint systems menue. I also made them executable as instructed and, yes I allso manipulated the config.yaml.
I will check for "" later this week and provide feedback, although that does not ring the bell yet. Any quick hint what this is about and I will search for teh rest.
Many thanks for your help and comment - so far :slight_smile: