Camera not working

hi everyone, i've been playing around with octoprint lately and at first i got almost everything to work , camera included. after toying a bit with the camera that i had( fisheye noIR clone) i think i managed to break it since i could no longer get any feed from it. so i bought a legit raspberry noir 2 cam and connected it to the same pi 3b+ but no luck. after this i thought i had a faulty cable so i bought another cable and still no luck and now i have got a whole new pi 3 b+ and flashed a new sd card with the latest octopie and still no camera feed... i am at my wits end , both cameras dont work on both pi 3 with both cables but i sudo vcgencmd get_camera outputs supported=1 detected=0 with both cameras... do i need a new camera ? any ideas? everything else works fine

anyone ? i tried flashing a new image even on a new sd card, got new cables and new cameras and i still cant get it to work

Same issue here... :sob: :sob: :sob:

I guess I will be watching this thread. I have a new Rasp Ο€ 4b with Pi cam module 2 (had a 3 but it was defective). I can get the camera to work (sometimes) w a Debian bullseye build but with the Octoprint image supplied with the RΟ€ imager. Octoprint worked fine, just no camera access and the camera itself is not seen by the OS. I am reluctant to reimage the SD card with the same non-working build. Is there some other way to install octoprint and get a working install?

This thread is over four years old and a lot has happened (and is happening) in the camera space. Watch here if you want but I'd suggest downloading and installing the OctoPi image that includes the new camera stack. Both the RPi Camera 2 and the RPi Camera 3 work for me using that image.

If you still have issues, then open your very own Get Help topic with the template filled in as best you can with YOUR details.

1 Like