Camera(s) stream failing to load

What is the problem?

I am invariably suffering from 2 of my 3 camera streams failing every 5 or 6th print. I am using 1x Logitech 270, 1 x Logitech 920 and 1x Pi camera direct to the board. It gives the indication that the cameras are not powered up! Resetting the Raspberry Pi sorts the problem but if this happens during the print then I have to abandon the print!!!! I have not tried the safe mode yet but will next time.

What did you already try to solve it?

Rebooted system

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Not yet

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Not tried yet

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20220520165418.zip (59.3 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint Version 1.8.0, Octopi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2, printer Prusa I3 MK3S+, firmware latest, browser Firefox, operating system MAC Monterey ver 12.3.1, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint Version 1.8.0, Octopi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2, printer Prusa I3 MK3S+, firmware latest, browser Firefox, operating system MAC Monterey ver 12.3.1,

If those cameras do not have a seperate power supply then they are drawing more current from the USB ports than the pi can provide.

Get a powered USB hub for the USB cameras

Hi mate, the cameras are powered by the Pi USB sockets. How do I power them externally and still feed the video into octoprint? Is it a special type of powered hub?
Thanks

With a powered USB hub (it has its own power supply), the data passes from/to the RPi USB port while the power for the devices is supplied by the hub, not the RPi port.

I would also add that beside the power problem (which is often significant), running 3 cameras at a time may cause the USB chips & such to overheat and cut off some of the load.

Both of the issues should be noted in the system logs, running dmesg should show it.

Thanks b-morgan, that was what was in my mind but to have it confirmed is a relief!! :slight_smile:

Thanks Charlie, a powered 4 hub is on its way now. :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.