Camera Stream frozen and not loading

I got a rsapi HQ cam and de stream is not loading.
After a system restart, everthing seems fine and a couple seconds later i got a frozen stream. If i reload the page thereafter, the tream just shows its "webcamstream loading...".
If i test these, de cam is also not reacheble.

I installed octoprint by following this tutorial: "How to setup OctoPrint! (+ best plugin recommendations) - YouTube". (raspi installer)
Octoprint version: 1.6.1

Already thank you for helping me out!

Which OctoPi version are you using?

Could you login via winscp and download the webcamd.log and upload it here?

username: pi
password: raspberry

/var/log/webcamd.log : The log of the webcam server. If you are running into issues with your webcam not being recognized or stopping to work out of the blue, this is the log file that might contain the answer. :warning: Important: This log file is missing on some versions of OctoPi, if you can't find it please provide the output of journalctl -u webcamd instead.

I just get this error if i try to connect.

not quite sure what went wrong - so let's check the connections settings.

are you sure that's the right ip? you can also try to use the hostname (octopi.local or octopi)

the other settings should look like this

winscp

OctoPrint is reacheble with this IP.

Today, however, no matter what I enter, the error is always the same and different than yesterday:

Oh, i changed the standart password during setup, i rememered.

1 Like

Finally, the log.
webcamd.log (7.9 KB)

Where did you get this black box? I don’t know how to launch or where to look for this. I’m still looking for clues as to my own issue and would like to review this before I post my problem. Thanks in advance!
Scott

It seems that you're trying to access the Rapsicam in USB mode, which could cause those issues. You should try to edit the /boot/octopi.txt file, and change the line that says #camera="auto" into camera="raspi". You need to remove the # so that the line isn't considered a comment anymore.

Which black box are you referring to ?

Thats also what i thought by browsing in the parameters, so i changed it but it didnt solve the problem.
webcamd.log (13.8 KB)

Oh, i restartet the system one more time today and now i got a new symptome!
I think, its pretty self-explayning...

My German is a bit rusty but this seems like and undervoltage warning. If so it could definitely be the source of your problem.

You need to find a PSU that offers 5.0V and at least 3.0A for the Pi to function normally. Also, you can use a self powered USB hub to plug your webcam in, so that it doesn't draw power from the Pi.

You translatet right. I now buyed a 3A PSU and de stream seems now fine unti i toggle the printer-PSU via PSUcontrol-plugin, then the stream is frozen again. Is it possible that the 3 amps are still not enough when the relay is triggered?

Glad that we could isolate the source of your problem in the first place.

That's weird that turning the relay on would cause problems... Actually, can you reboot the Pi, run vcgencmd get_throttled, toggle the printer PSU with the plugin, and then run the command once again? This command will tell whether an undervoltage occured. And then we can check whether the relay is causing undervoltage issue or not...

How do i actually run this or any command?

There are a few options:

• If you're able, you can plug a screen and a keyboard into the pi, you should then see the login screen (even though it's only a console interface). Once you've logged in, you can type the command at the command prompt.

• If you're running a windows computer, you can use PuTTY and use it to connect to your Pi using the same credentials as those you used in WinSCP. Please bear in mind that when PuTTY will ask you for the user's password, you won't see any kind of feedback telling you you've typed anything, no blinking cursor, no stars, no anything. That is the expected behaviour, the keystrokes will be taken into account though. Once the password is typed, you should hit enter.

• On a Linux computer, you need to open a terminal and then run ssh pi@<pi-ip-address>, then, once the password is validated, you'll be faced with the command prompt where you can run the command.

• On a Mac computer, the steps are basically the same as a Linux computer.

1 Like

Always looks the same...

Ok, so definitely not a second undervoltage issue, which is good altogether, but then I must admit this issue is not something I will be able to help you with...

Perhaps other users will be able to see what is wrong with your setup and give you pointers. Sorry I can't be of more help for now...

1 Like

The Black box I was referring to shows up in the Control Tab. It states:
Webcam stream not loaded

It might not be configured correctly or require authentication. You can change the URL of the stream under "Settings" > "Webcam & Timelapse" > "Webcam" > "Stream URL". If you don't have a webcam you can also just disable webcam support there.

Currently configured stream URL: /webcam/?action=stream

Below is a screen scrape of the webcamd.log file. I was not able to scp a copy.
Goodbye...

Starting up webcamDaemon...

--- Configuration: ----------------------------
cfg_file: /boot/octopi.txt
camera: raspi
usb options: -r 640x480 -f 10
raspi options: -fps 10
http options: -w ./www-octopi -n --listen 127.0.0.1

Explicitly USB device:

Found video devices:
/dev/video10
/dev/video11
/dev/video12
/dev/video13
/dev/video14
/dev/video15
/dev/video16
Scan again in two minutes
/root/bin/webcamd: line 103: kill: (2330) - No such process

Goodbye...

Starting up webcamDaemon...

--- Configuration: ----------------------------
cfg_file: /boot/octopi.txt
camera: raspi
usb options: -r 640x480 -f 10
raspi options: -fps 10
http options: -w ./www-octopi -n --listen 127.0.0.1

Explicitly USB device:

Found video devices:
/dev/video10
/dev/video11
/dev/video12
/dev/video13
/dev/video14
/dev/video15
/dev/video16
Scan again in two minutes
pi@octopi:/var/log $ cat /var/log/webcamd.lo

What have I done:
First I want say that I had an old image on the pi originally and the camera worked. I had since added the desktop software on there but decided to start over with what was currently the latest version so I reimaged.

So today I started from scratch with fresh image from Octoprint Raspberrypi Imager: Ocotopi

Once with the camera connected correctly, I booted the pi and ssh'd to it and was able to get the Octoprint GUI to load. This is where I go to the Control tab and get the msg above about the Black box. I then went and set the Octopi to turn on the PI Camera only in the octopi.txt but still no video in the Control tab.

Then I lsusb and it doesn't show my Raspberry PI camera but should it?? I don't think so since it's not using a usb camera?

I then changed the boot/octopi.txt:
to: camera = "raspi"

Then I sudo raspi-config to manually enable the camera.

pi@octopi:/home service webcamd start ==== AUTHENTICATING FOR org.freedesktop.systemd1.manage-units === Authentication is required to start 'webcamd.service'. Authenticating as: ,,, (pi) Password: ==== AUTHENTICATION COMPLETE === Job for webcamd.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status webcamd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. pi@octopi:/home systemctl status webcamd.service
● webcamd.service - the OctoPi webcam daemon with the user specified config
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/webcamd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (start) since Tue 2021-09-28 18:49:34 BST; 53s ago
Cntrl PID: 3875 (webcamd)
Tasks: 2 (limit: 1309)
CGroup: /system.slice/webcamd.service
β”œβ”€3875 /bin/bash /root/bin/webcamd
└─3886 sleep 120

Sep 28 18:49:34 octopi systemd[1]: Starting the OctoPi webcam daemon with the user specified config...
pi@octopi:/home $

??? what user specified config is this referring to?

Still no video. I noticed in the lastest release that there were modifications/corrections make the some of the video...not sure if that could be the source. Especially since it's all supposed to just work? .

Thank you for your time to help!