Camera url not loading

I've just set up octoprint on my raspbian os (I didn't want to have to flash a new octopi os and lose everything else I have on the pi).
It's all working well and I just purchased a usb webcam but cannot get it to show the stream (I get the webcam stream not loaded). I've found that the default stream url is usually /webcam/?action=stream but this doesn't work and I'm not sure how to test this url outside of octoprint (I don' know how this link works for a usb device). Using VLC on my pi, I can view the webcam stream by opening the capture device, this address is /dev/video0 but this also doesn't work when entered into octoprint.

Any ideas - everyone else seems to plug it in and it just works..

Camera model
Rotanium

What is the problem?
Stream doesn't load

What did you already try to solve it?
Tried changing/verifying the stream url - unsuccessfully

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
Octoprint version Version 1.5.3 running on raspbian 9.13 on a raspberry pi 2 B+

There is a bunch of other setup you have to do if you don't use OctoPi. Can I ask you, what else are you running on the Pi at the same time as Octoprint. If you have anything that is computationally heavy, it's going to screw up your prints. I would recommend that you get a 2nd micro SD card and flash OctoPi. Then you can swap back and forth with the two cards if you need to.

Hey, thanks for the reply - I think I missed a section about installing some more things so trying that now.
Yeah, I am considering that but the other stuff is really low intensity (web server and GPIO control for my lights and irrigation).
Cheers,

Found a solution by following the following closely.

2 Likes

Instructions are a wonderful thing. :grin:

1 Like