Camera will not Stream Pi 3B+ and Rpi Cam v2

This is my first Pi build, so I'm likely missing something but I cannot get a camera feed out of everything. All other functions work though.

Camera model
Pi Cam V2

What is the problem?
There is no webcam footage. Octoprint reads that, "WebCam Stream is not Loaded".

What did you already try to solve it?

• Checked connection to power, printer, and Wi-Fi.
  • Checked the ribbons were connected correctly and secure (blue towards USB ports, blue away from Camera)
  • Changed ribbons
  • Checked raspi-configs, enabled camera
  • Updated Pi through sudo update and upgrade

Logs

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but here are the logs that would upload. Let me know if I can change anything, I don't think from the other posts that this is what I was supposed to do.

serial.log (148 Bytes) Uploading: plugin_softwareupdate_console.log... plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (22.3 KB) octoprint.log (217.2 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)

Octoprint v 1.5.2, Octopi latest release. I'm set up on an Ender 3 v2. Using a Raspberry Pi 3b+.

Sorry, I'm likely missing something obvious but none of the tutorials I've followed had this problem.

I appreciate any help.

Hey there, ssh in and run vcgencmd get_camera

You should get both supported and detected = 1, ie:

taylor@printerpi:~ $ vcgencmd get_camera
supported=1 detected=1

If detected = 0 then the camera isn't being found by the Pi. Check the little ribbon cable that attaches the lens to the camera board itself:

It's pretty easy to knock it loose and it won't work if that happens.

Ok I ran that. It came up as detected = 0 as you said. I attached a picture of my camera, which now that I compare it, seems to be missing the lens maybe? Here's a picture...

IMG_3497

Could that be the source of the issue? I also now see the clip is broken (See next comment)...

I don't think that's the issue but I just wanna make sure.

Let me know what you think...

IMG_3498

That definitely looks like it's missing the lens to me. Since you mentioned the clip was broken, I have to wonder if it was damaged while shipping, or something. I'd return it as damaged if you can.

Would that be causing the issues potentially?

Yes.

It's difficult to tell exactly what's missing from yours: is it just the lens housing that holds that physical lens or is the entire sensor not there?

In either case, it's definitely damaged and I wouldn't expect a damaged part to work correctly.

I'm not for sure, because like I said this is my first Pi project, but I will return them and get new and see what happens. I think just the lens is off but I couldn't say for sure. Thank you for your help.