can I use octoprint without using respberry Pi?

I want to know if I can use octoprint without using respberry Pi.
if the answer is no , can I use a respberry Pi for both main board of 3D Printer and octoprint?

Hi :slight_smile:

Yes, Octoprint can be installed on a wide variety of devices and OSes - all it needs is a compatible python environment.
Checkout #support:guides for further instructions.

There are 3D mainboard - pi hats like this one PrintHat v1 - 32-bit motor controller board for Raspberry Pi | 3D printing experts | ReprapWorld , mainboards with a pi connector like this https://www.pandapi3d.com/product-page/pandapi-2-8 and even mainboards that can be equipped with a pi compute module Raspberry Pi CM4 Featured In 3D Printer Controller Board | Tom's Hardware.

thank you so much :slightly_smiling_face: .
and do you know how can I handle both 3D printer and octoprint with just this?
PrintHat v1 - 32-bit motor controller board for Raspberry Pi | 3D printing experts | ReprapWorld

No sorry. I have no experience with those boards.
In theory you just replace your printers board with this one, flash their os on an sd card and put in the pi.
Then you boot it up and edit the klipper config files and enter your printer details.
But I have never used klipper so I also can't help you with that part.

They got some documentation on the page

Personally I would go with an skr 1.4 turbo or skr 2 board with tmc2209/tmc2226 drivers (those are the same drivers just in a different chip layout) and an external pi.
That's cheaper, better supported and you got more accessory options.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.