Can Octopi support a Dynamic Hostname from DHCP Server

What is the problem?

Not really a problem, just a question. Can octopi/raspberry pi be configured to take a dynamic hostname from the DCHP server when it the ip is assigned?

Seaching lead me to the instructions on manually updating the hostname using raspi-config and that is easy enough to change the hostnames. This lead me to more of a networking question as it relates to octopi and I figure it would not hurt to ask folks who are much smarter than I am in this area. I also acknowledge it is easy enough to just edit the hostname manually, and I have done this.

What did you already try to solve it?

run sudo raspi-config select "2. Hostname" and follow the instructions

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

deferred

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

I have a fairly basic /24 lan in my home over cat 6 with ubiquiti switches and each pi is hardwired using ethernet/cat6.

Depends on the network and how it's configured, but typically your router/DHCP server also acts as the connected devices DNS server. In those cases mostly changing the hostname is enough and you can use that hostname locally from any other device connected to that network. So for example the default octopi install will usually resolve the name octopi on the network, so access via https://octopi/ would be possible. This is where I find DHCP reservations handy so the ip doesn't change though.