Cannot connect after update

What is the problem?
Was all working fine, I updated to latest version in the browser (sorry didn't note details) and now unable to connect over wifi:
Browser fails to load octopi.local
I cannot SSH to pi@octopi.local
Cannot export g-code to Octoprint from Prusa Slicer, it times out

I have a Pi screen and octodash loads and is communicating with my Prusa I3 MK3S.

Nothing has changed on my Mac or the network/router, Mac has internet connection.

I have no clue what to do since I can't ssh to check anything, I was hoping to avoid a complete re-install so any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

I would need to move my Mac to try a wired connection so that is not easy.

What did you already try to solve it?
Shutdown Pi and printer several times
Ping octopi - finds correct IP address but requests timeout (expected?)
Tried traceroute and ping to IP address and octopi.local - no luck
Looked through a few threads on here for clues but didn't see anything helpful.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
On Mac running Big Sur 11.0.1 I can't find any log files.
Folder ~/Library/Application Support/... does not contain an Octopi/Print folder.

Searched the HHD and couldn't find anything with hidden files enabled.

The only thing I can find on my Mac is a folder: USER\Applications\OctoPrint but it appears to be empty.

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)
IP address is fixed on router.

You could connect an HDMI display and an USB keyboard to the pi and check if it boots correctly

Thanks, I've got a display attached and its booting and running Octodash plugin fine so it seems like a network setting of some sort.

I rebooted my Mac and Pi again and it still wasn't working.

I've just upgraded my shell to zsh on the Mac and can now connect via ssh.
Browser connection is also now working.

1 Like

I go out got a few hours, come back to print something and problem is as before, can't understand what the difference was earlier.

All suggestions welcome.

I've strung the longest network leads I can find together with a spare switch in-between to save moving my Mac and its working.

It was initially a bit hit and miss but can connect via SSH and Octopi now working, I checked network settings on the Pi and everything was as expected.

PrusaSlicer didn't immediately work but my connection settings in Octopi seemed to be reset to Auto so have amended those back to ttyAMC0 and 115200 and Slicer seems to connect now, not sure why that part had changed.

I can't tell if I've a flakey Wi-Fi connection, but test seemed OK:
Quality=47/70 Signal level=-63 dBm
I can only think it may be patchy despite it having worked fine for 3 or 4 months and it was chance that it worked earlier today after the zsh update.

I will reboot it all without CAT5 and retry one last time tomorrow. I looked to see about extending the range of the Pi WI-Fi but theres no provision for an antenna so would need to get a USB one and I can't face more faffing about configuring that so chances are I may just sort out a very long network cable.

I also cannot connect to the web UI after updating to 1.5.0.
The octoprint.log can be viewed here and the software update log here.
I've tried running in safe mode without success. When trying to load the UI it hangs on the following screen:

I was just looking through my log files now I can access them to see if there is anything useful but in my case it looks like my network connection was problematic so I won't bother uploading.

If you haven't tried rebooting your PC then that would be worth a try, good luck.

Browser error console

To follow up, i was able to update to 1.5.0 by taking a backup in 1.4.2 and importing the backup into a fresh install of 1.5.0