Cannot connect Octopi to WIFI or Ethernet

Hey Guys, new to 3d printing world, first time trying to setup octoprint. Please help, its been a rocky ride the whole way from adding bootloader to now octopi install.

What is the problem? Cannot connect Octopi to WIFI or Ethernet

What did you already try to solve it?

• Looked up Multiple guides on youtube and octoprint forum regarding setup
    WiFi setup and troubleshooting
  • Confirmed my password is correct multiple times
  • Burned images using multple software (Rufus, Etcher (Failed), Win32 disk imager)
  • Carefully disconnect MicroSD everytime
  • Tested with multiple power source (Laptop C Charger, 1amp brick, 2.4amp power bar usb)
  • attempt to connect to different SSID (2.4ghz network, never attempted 5ghz)
  • powered on octopi right beside my router (no DHCP)
  • powered on octopi with ethernet (no DHCP)
  • Used advanced IP scanner, checked my router for local lease devices never seen octopi
  • Attempted to SSH by sharing my wifi connection from laptop and ethernet to octopi(Connection refused with putty port 22)
  • I do not have mini hdmi cable nor a monitor with mini hdmi so I cant see the raspi interface, I have no way of manually configuring or grabbing any logs.
  • This person mentioned something about how octopi sees space in SSID when running wifi scan
    WiFi Connectivity Issues
    I don't quite understand this space they're talking about.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
octoprint

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Hardwares: raspberry pi 4b, Asus RT-86u 2.4Ghz SSID, Windows 10 64bit, Octoprint 0.17.0

Is it a new Raspberry Pi 4B?

If it is, then you may need to use the 0.18 release candidate. To verify if you need to do this, connect the Pi to a HDMI monitor and test, it may show an error 'This board requires newer software'. Or, the lights on the Pi will blink 4 short and 4 long I believe (don't guarantee) to signal this.

If so, head back to https://octoprint.org/download and select the 0.18 release candidate 32 bit version.

1 Like

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for reply. It is 4 long and 4 short exactly green led. I'll try the 0.18 candidate 32bit

I CANT BELIVE THIS WAS THE PROBLEM!!! HOLY, I SPENT 6-8HOURS TROUBLESHOOTING....

OMG

i read the requirements and support i didn't know theres a difference in new or old pi 4b

Right? I spent that much time on it too. Funny thing was, same thing happened a day before trying to troubleshoot GIMP tool problems online, until I finally just looked at the main GIMP page that politely informed me that there were known issues with Mac's Big Sur OS. Well if I'd known...moral of the story is: always check the developer's site for problems they already know exist, and often point you directly to the solution!