Cannot log into web

What is the problem?
i cannot log into the octoprint web at octopi.local

What did you already try to solve it?
clicked Forgot Password. tried to ssh into pi - that asks me to log in as: and nothing i put in, including pi and raspberry, is correct.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
EZPI raspberry 4 from TH3D. HP laptop, firefox, windows 10, monoprice printer

today i got a new ezpi setup from th3d and cannot remember my password for the web client. I went to the Forgot Password link and cannot get that to work. The pi is connected to my wireless network and I can see its IP address. It connects to my printer to just fine. If I use Putty to ssh, I am asked to log in as: and nothing I do there helps. Just about at my wits end with this.

Hello @sechernbiw!

So, if you have not changed it, the login for SSH is :

• login: pi
  • password: raspberry

When you type in the password, there is nothing displayed.
If you have a non English keyboard, note that the y can be on another place (on a German keyboard swapped with z). This is because by default the command line input is set to English.

Then you can reset the web login with: I forgot my OctoPrint password, how can I reset it?

Hi :slight_smile:

it accepts pi as login, by when i input raspberry as pw, it tells me Access Denied.

It will accept literally anything as user.
Try typing "raspberry" as the user, and see if all the keys come across as you expect.

1 Like

Same thing, access denied.

and the y appears as as a y and a as a a?

Sorry, I was not being clear. I did not mean for you to try "raspberry" as your username. I meant for you to type "raspberry" and see if all the keypresses come through as expected. If you type "raspberry" as the password, you will not see if eg it comes across as "rspberry" because your a key is broken.

man, am I dumb lol.

yeah, everything looks correct - the letters appear as they are supposed to.

You may can try this: http://mapledyne.com/ideas/2015/8/4/reset-lost-admin-password-for-raspberry-pi