Cannot login to Octopi via SSH

Since when that?
I experienced that NP++ always saves the files in that format I opened them.

Plain text stays plain text if you don't change the file format/extension.

I don't know for certain. That's why I sad "might" :smiley:

1 Like

Just checked. It explicitly says 'Normal Text File (*.txt)'.

This might help:

or

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=319398

Check that Edit, EOL Conversion is set to UNIX (LF). It shows in the status bar at the bottom.

Thank you! I will load that as soon as I can.

Still no good. Is there something more reliable than using Raspberry Pi Imager for this?

Raspberry Pi Imager should be the most reliable flashing tool, there are others (Etcher, Win32DiskImager) but none offer a way to configure the WiFi, username and password etc. before flashing.

I assume when you say it doesn't accept your password that you type it and you get 'incorrect password' back? Have to ask because sometimes people are confused by nothing showing up when typing the password.

'Access denied', yes. And I know the password field normally stays blank.

Following this post. I'm have the same problem with access denied.

Just for clarification: You use an English layout keyboard?

Yes. Everything I have is set up for American English.

Could you post a link to those instructions?

Did you change the username and/or password in the pi imager as suggested by the guide?

Yes, I set both in the imager. I have tried those and the pi defaults when attempting to log in.

Hello. I have the same issue that you had.
I cant connect via SSH.
SSH is enabled, I can connect with my password to octoprint via web interface.
I tried changing the password to something easy like "octopi" and still no works.
Tried every username/password combination that I can imagine.
Nothing.
Did you solved it? and How?
Thanks

I just drop down that I solved using this solution

basically making a new password for the "pi" system account.
Probably I used a password that for some reason I didn't noted down and now I forgot it.
Anyway after creating the file on the "boot" sd partition with a new very easy password, I rebooted and logged to SSH succesfully, then changed again the password with something more complex using the passwd command.

1 Like

I've tried these solutions and I still get access denied. I'm not sure if there is a different default password but I've tried all combos and added the password text file

Well there is another way. Do you know your way around Linux?

Then try way 4

Can't tell you for sure if way 5 works, but you can of course try it.