Can't connect Ender 3 V3 SE through working USB cable

What is the problem?

Hello, I have been trying to connect to my Ender 3 V3 SE whith USB through octprint and I've been having a headache trying to do it.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have already tried to install octoprint standalone and I am now trying on Docker. Octoprint recognizes the USB prorts but doesn't see the actual printer. I have already checked this cable as I was able to control the printer through Cura on my computer.

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20231230225857.zip (15.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

Since you are using Docker, have you passed through the usb device from your host to the container properly?

I think so as shown below
Screenshot 2023-12-31 003616

This is not what I mean. When you setup the container, you either need to use docker-compose and add your device there, or you add it as part of your command line when running the container.

I just used docker compose with the included script, did I miss something ?

In the docker-compose.yml file, you need to add the devices section and map your printer's connection to the container.

If you aren't generally familiar with how this works, I'd recommend sticking to a normal install - especially if that didn't work, it's going to be harder for you to debug connection issues as you've introduced an extra layer.

If you’re able to tell me easily how I can set that up I’m willing to search for things around. Otherwise, I’ll just get a seperate pi to take care of Octoprint later.

version: '2.4'

services:
  octoprint:
    image: octoprint/octoprint
    restart: unless-stopped
    ports:
      - 80:80
    # devices:
    # use `python -m serial.tools.miniterm` to see what the name is of the printer, this requires pyserial
    #  - /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0
    #  - /dev/video0:/dev/video0
    volumes:
     - octoprint:/octoprint
    # uncomment the lines below to ensure camera streaming is enabled when
    # you add a video device
    #environment:
    #  - ENABLE_MJPG_STREAMER=true

####
  # uncomment if you wish to edit the configuration files of octoprint
  # refer to docs on configuration editing for more information
  ####

#config-editor:
  #  image: linuxserver/code-server
  #  ports:
  #    - 8443:8443
  #  depends_on:
  #    - octoprint
  #  restart: unless-stopped
  #  environment:
  #    - PUID=0
  #    - PGID=0
  #    - TZ=America/Chicago
  #  volumes:
  #    - octoprint:/octoprint

volumes:
  octoprint:

Here's an example of the compose file

If you don't know the path of your printer just run dmesg -w and unplug and replug them.
Then you should see the path in the dmesg output

edit: doesn't work for the cam - but the path for the cam should be /dev/video0 anyway

Thank you, I will try that in the next hours.