Can't connect to FlashForge Creator Pro

I've just reinstalled octoprint on my raspberry pi (using octopi) and then restored my settings through the backup/restore menu. It restored all of my plugins and the printer profile but for some reason, I can't connect to my printer anymore. I have my baud rate set to 115200 and the serial port set to /dev/ttyprintk which is what I used last time. At first it would give a permission error when accessing that port which I solved by changing the permissions through ssh.

Here is the log when trying to connect:

Connecting to: /dev/ttyprintk
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial port"
Connected to: Serial<id=0x6c55fa30, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyprintk', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial port" to "Connecting"
Send: N0 M110 N0*125
There was a timeout while trying to connect to the printer
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Offline"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Printer: FlashForge Creator pro (basically a Makerbot Replicator Dual) [Sailfish 7.7]
Octoprint: 1.3.10
OctoPi: 0.16.0
$ usb-devices:

T:  Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=02 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#=  6 Spd=12  MxCh= 0
D:  Ver= 1.10 Cls=02(commc) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs=  1
P:  Vendor=23c1 ProdID=d314 Rev=00.01
S:  Manufacturer=MakerBot Industries
S:  Product=The Replicator
S:  SerialNumber=<REMOVED>
C:  #Ifs= 2 Cfg#= 1 Atr=c0 MxPwr=100mA
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=02(commc) Sub=02 Prot=01 Driver=cdc_acm
I:  If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=0a(data ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=cdc_acm

Do you have the GPX plugin installed?

1 Like

Looks like it didn't get reinstalled when I did the restore. Installing it and configuring it for replicator dual fixed the issue. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Do you know of anyone on the forum that maybe able to help put a ff pro creator 2 profile together? I love Octoprint and would be gutted if I couldnt use it anymore

thanks

Have you seen this?:

hi @Ewald_Ikemann

my printer isnt on that list. i suppose if i found all of those detail i would be able to create a profile? or would i need codes for bed heating and that kind of thing?

You could use the settings from the Creator and adapt the things you have on your Creator 2

@Ewald_Ikemann

do you think they are similar enough to work?
that is a good suggestion. thanks

Here you have specific data to enter:

grafik

Thanks I will give it a go and see if it works.