Cant connect to octopi after updating to python 3

What is the problem? I cant connect to octopi after installing OctoPi 0.18.0 / Octoprint 1.7.2 (which I assume includes updating to python 3)

What did you already try to solve it? using Raspberry Pi imager, installed latest stable version of octopi (OctoPi 0.18.0 with OctoPrint 1.7.2) over the existing SD card (first mistake - should have kept it as a backup!) tried on another SD card, still cant connect using octopi.local, and its MCA address doesnt show up in the connected devices on my router. I have tried ewntering my network credentials from both Ras pi imager, and also tried editing octopi-wpa-supplicant.txt which is how I had configured it in the past. double checked the text in the file, no typos... I also plugged in the SD card from my other printer into the PI I'm working on, and it connects fine - (I just wanted to confirm I didnt blow my pi somehow.)
However, if I ping octopi.local, using CMD i do get a reply...

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
I cant get to Octoprint to download a log.

Additional information about your network
Pi 4 over wifi, infinity internet. I'm not a skilled networking guy! :slight_smile:
I did not reformat the SD card before I started, as I was under the impression that the imager does that...

Hello @lownbttr !

You may connect a HDMI monitor/TV to the Pi.
If the startup runs correctly, at the end you will get the actual IP address of the Pi.

Thanks Ewald for your suggestion. I didnt have a cable that fits my Pi4, so I moved the SD card to my other Pi3 that runs my other printer on older version of ocotprint. I wasnt able to ping octopi.local when I moved it, and I didnt get any signal on the display when I plugged in an HDMI cable to that pi.

However, I created an image on a brand-new SD card and that worked. I guess I needed to reformat the card before the imaging with Ras-pi imager? Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to reply!

1 Like

That is usually not necessary.
I assume the other SD card was just broken.