Can't connect to OctoPrint

Are you using Windows or Mac or Linux on your remote PC, the one you are using to connect to OctoPi?

If you are using Windows you have to install Apple Bonjour Services for Windows in order for Windows to connect via a name rather than the IP, OR you need to setup an entry in your Windows hosts file as I described in my above post. The problem with the hosts file is if your printer's IP changes because of DHCP (you would have to set up a static entry in your router) your hosts file entry is invalid until you make the change in the file to reflect the new IP.

The host file entry should look like this

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
#	127.0.0.1  localhost
#	::1             localhost
192.168.X.X	 octoprinter

SUBSTITUTE 192.168.1.X.X with the IP of YOUR Printer!!!

IF you are using a MAC, then you shouldn't have an issue, Bonjour is already a part of the MAC-OS.

As far as Linux, I believe you would have to set up an entry in it's hosts file (/etc/hosts, you would need sudo or root privileges to do so). Again the same issue as Windows if the IP changes.

It sounds like you networking is working as it should. You just need the IP to Name translation to be setup as I described. This IS NOT an issue with OctoPrint, but an issue WITH the OS you are using to connect to OctoPrint.

This is so weird. I woke up this morning. When I booted the pi I could connect to the "octoprinter.local" both on the website and for ssh'ing in it.
The next week I'll slowly see if it works. If not, I'll come back here.
Thanks

Windows and bonjour etc. don't always work all the time, and so far I have seen few solutions to this. I have a similar issue from time to time, sometimes even only for 5 mins - octopi.local (or any of my other Pis) will stop responding, then a few mins later it works again. So I set static IPs up, because for development deployment it was really annoying to have these kind of problems. It worked better with an upgraded router, but was still hit and miss.