Can't edit gcode file after I cancelled the print

Hello,
Here a question basically for better understanding of the internal working of Octoprint.
I cancelled a print, the print stopped and I moved the head on the Z-axis.
This movement has been executed.
Than I want to edit the gcode file, using the edit button below the file entry. But this button is greyed out. When hovering over it, it says 'file is currently printing", which it is not.
when I try to use the edit button in another file in the list it is opening the editor with this file.
It seems to em that the edit capabilities of a just printed, and cancelled file is not possible for a given time. How long do I have to wait before I edit a file under these circumstances?
Any help is much appreciated

octoprint-systeminfo-20240210155522.zip (623.0 KB)

Hello @Fred_Philip !

Questions and request for help please always in Get Help. I'll move.

Edit inside the browser or via SSL?

Your log is full of SSL and HTTPS errors.

I think OctoPrint locks it until it is no longer in the State display. Reason being a short file could be loaded completely into memory and your edits will occur on the disk. You have to select another file. I have a blank gcode file just for this purpose. Then you can edit and it reloads ir when it's selected.

1 Like

For the record, whatever you are clicking there to edit the file, it's not a core OctoPrint feature but rather some third party plugin you installed.

mmh, and what does that mean?

Hello Ewald.
Inside the browser, inside Octoprint via the edit file button.

Errors in log file...Yeah, something weird is happening. Suddenly I'm getting an error when sending the gcode file from Prusalicer to Octoprint.

But that's another issue.