What is the problem?
Although I can get wifi working fine on my RPi, and can SSH to connect it to my Macbook using firstname.lastname@example.org, I'm unable to get Octoprint running.
What did you already try to solve it?
- Verified the RPi is connected to my router, and taking note of the IP address 192.168.14.191
- Pinged the IP address from my Macbook, and get the expected responses
- From my browser (Chrome 88.0.4324.150) I try firstly to enter http://octopi.local, to which the response is THIS SITE CAN'T BE REACHED, Check if there is a typo in octopi.local, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
- Just in case, I try http://raspberrypi.local, and get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- Finally I try both 192.168.14.191, and http://192.168.14.191. In both cases I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- From my terminal window, connected by SSH to pi@raspberrypi, I am able to ping 192.168.14.191, and raspberrypi.local, but not octopi.local, which responds with a Name or service not known
Have you tried running in safe mode?
No. Experience tells me there's a simpler explanation here, which eludes me.
Did running in safe mode solve the problem?
I don't know how to access logs I'm sorry
Additional information about your setup
Octoprint = don't know - I can't access it
Octopi = I'm not sure where I can find this, however it was newly downloaded in January from the OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint page, so should be up to date
Printer = Geetech i3 Pro B
Firmware = Marlin (could do with updating, but it's been modified, so I have to spend time on it)
Browser = As above
OS = MacOS Big Sur