Can't install plugin on octoprint

What is the problem?

Can't install plugin on Octoprint Version 1.8.7
I want to install a plugin octolapse but i get error

Error!
Could not parse output from pip, see plugin_pluginmanager_console.log for generated output

What did you already try to solve it?
I didn't find any solution for this topic. :frowning:

Systeminfo Bundle
octoprint-systeminfo-20230514185233.zip (11.7 KB)

Additional information about your setup

Intel NUC
Windows 10
Octoprint Version 1.8.7
Creality Ender 3 pro

I'm a newbie if you need any information let me know

here is the complete install line
Installing plugin "Octolapse" from https://github.com/FormerLurker/Octolapse/archive/master.zip...
C:\OctoPrint\venv\Scripts\python.exe -m pip --disable-pip-version-check install file:///c:/users/passwo~1/appdata/local/temp/tmpli5_oo_p/octolapse-master.zip --no-cache-dir
Processing c:\users\passwo~1\appdata\local\temp\tmpli5_oo_p\octolapse-master.zip
Installing build dependencies: started
Installing build dependencies: finished with status 'done'
Getting requirements to build wheel: started
Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status 'error'
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
exit code: 1
[20 lines of output]
likely tags: v0.4.3
picking v0.4.3
got version from expanded keyword {'version': 'v0.4.3', 'full-revisionid': '8d53c91069943b9b4d78498c2fc225b3d6d04cb8', 'dirty': False, 'error': None, 'date': '2023-05-13T12:58:31-0500'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\OctoPrint\venv\lib\site-packages\pip_vendor\pyproject_hooks_in_process_in_process.py", line 353, in
main()
File "C:\OctoPrint\venv\lib\site-packages\pip_vendor\pyproject_hooks_in_process_in_process.py", line 335, in main
json_out['return_val'] = hook(**hook_input['kwargs'])
File "C:\OctoPrint\venv\lib\site-packages\pip_vendor\pyproject_hooks_in_process_in_process.py", line 118, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return hook(config_settings)
File "C:\Users\Password 0000\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-1ccwy9z3\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 341, in get_requires_for_build_wheel
return self._get_build_requires(config_settings, requirements=['wheel'])
File "C:\Users\Password 0000\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-1ccwy9z3\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 323, in _get_build_requires
self.run_setup()
File "C:\Users\Password 0000\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-1ccwy9z3\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 487, in run_setup
super(_BuildMetaLegacyBackend,
File "C:\Users\Password 0000\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-build-env-1ccwy9z3\overlay\Lib\site-packages\setuptools\build_meta.py", line 338, in run_setup
exec(code, locals())
File "", line 57, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'octoprint'
[end of output]
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
error: subprocess-exited-with-error
Getting requirements to build wheel did not run successfully.
exit code: 1
See above for output.
note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
Error!
Could not parse output from pip, see plugin_pluginmanager_console.log for generated output

octoprint.log (73.2 KB)
plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (28.5 KB)
serial.log (149 Bytes)

Hi Dimon,

you seem to have run into a problem that is encountered by people running systems other than raspberry pi's. The issue is related to updates in the python libararies and failures down the calling stack of pip. I have not encountered this with octolapse, but I have seen this in other plugins.

The issue is that standard library calls changes and I an frankly not sure how the developers are going to resolve this easily.

My solution was to downgrade python and that in itself was not trivial since the basic pip installers have very limited capabilities to create older python virtual environments.

I resorted to minforge and conda to create a python 3.9 environment and proceeded to build octoprint in the miniconda distribution. That solve the problem im my case.

In the anaconda distribution you can specify your python version in the virtual environment creation step. I tried to do this is the python pip setup but ran into issues.

I can try to give more pointers if you want to try that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.