Cant login to my OctoPrint

When I try to login to OctoPrint nothing happens when I click the login button. Ive tried resetting it I have no idea what else I can do to fix this. Help, what do I do?

Did it ever work? If so, what changed between then and now?
Do you always shut down properly, or just unplug the octoprint server's power?
Is this a new install or an old one?
Hit F12 and see if there's any javascript errors (they'll show up in red in the developer console)
usernames and passwords are case sensitive so make sure the case of the name / password match. "Admin" and "admin" are different.

I assume when you say you reset it, you did this? https://discourse.octoprint.org/t/i-forgot-my-octoprint-password-how-can-i-reset-it/215

Which browser are you using? And what plugins do you have installed?

You may also want to report any JavaScript errors you see in your browsers developer console.

I've been having this issue as well on my Octoprint running on Raspberry Pi 3.

Tried on Chrome, Firefox and Edge on Windows 10.
Same happens on Chrome on Android.

I also tried launching octoprint with the "--safe" option to load a clean instance, but nothing so far.
My work around for now is to use Printoid on Android which is still connecting to the printer and working fine.

The log shows these lines recursively.

2018-04-30 17:39:38,741 - tornado.access - WARNING - 400 GET /sockjs/329/yqy5twxz/websocket (10.0.0.54) 2.63ms
2018-04-30 17:39:38,767 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:39,083 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:39,623 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - Client connection closed: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:39,783 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:40,499 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - Client connection closed: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:40,544 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:41,379 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:41,620 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - Client connection closed: 10.0.0.54
2018-04-30 17:39:42,013 - octoprint.server.util.sockjs - INFO - New connection from client: 10.0.0.54

every time it loops it holds (seemingly) 3 connections open (counting from the above, number may vary).
If I leave this running a long time and then refresh the page, I see a flood of those "Client connection closed: 10.0.0.54" lines.

When I then connect and log in via Printoid, these messages stop being spammed and Octoprint becomes completely functional!

Hope this helps in diagnosing the issue!

Cheers,

Alex

I'm having the same problem. When I first downloaded it, it worked just find, them I did the update, and now I can't login, when I put the mouse over the login button, it says (javascript:void(0)) and refreshing the screen does nothing.

Got the same problem with Firefox, Firefox developer edition and nightly but not with chromium...
But cookies were disabled, and simply enabling cookies solve this problem for me.

1 Like

Yeah... OctoPrint definitely needs cookies in order for logins to work. How else should your browser remember that you've logged in, and persist some type of secret to tell the server that validates your session?

It might be worth checking if User Access is enabled, as combined with cookies being disabled and then letting the user know.

I have this problem too. Appears browser related. Simply starting an Incognito window..and octprint works. Suspect clearing the cache might resolve it.

2 Likes

You'd need to enable cookies for the login to work.

I had a problem where the Octorpint (1.3.10) login screen (running on Firefox) on my new installation just recycled, no matter the username or password - which were correct -- it did nothing over and over.

Turns out I had NoScript plugin running and its default with new sites was set to Untrusted. Once I "Trusted" it, the login worked as expected.

This solution worked for me as well. After I logged in on incognito, Octoprint allowed me to log in from a regular session as well.

1 Like

Its not working as same . its again and again redirecting to login page

Presumably you either need to log in as the user created during the User Access step of the Startup Wizard... or defeat the password by following the documentation.