Can't re-print .gcode after a print failure?

What is the problem?
If I interrupt a print, the .gcode in the "files" section turns red and the print button greys out, preventing me from trying to re-print the file. How do I get the print button back?

What did you already try to solve it?
shrug

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
octopi 0.15.1
octoprint 1.3.10

I "Think" If you go back down in the files scroll window and click load, it will reload the file then you can print. Otherwise just upload to the pi again.

Given that you already selected it from before, it should still be the selected file. Check in the side panel widget which is above the Files section you're in. That section itself has a Print button which should be active if the printer is still connected.

The printer state might still be “Canceling”. Wait until it is “Operational” again.

1 Like

If you cancel a print as the bed is heating up, it will not cancel until the bed is up to temp. It is waiting for the bed to heat before reading any other Gcode. Same is true if nozzle is heating. If I happen to do this on an ABS print that takes 20 minutes to heat the bed to 110C, I will disconnect from printer with the disconnect button in the octoprint interface and then power cycle the printer. Then reconnect and reprint when ready..

2 Likes