Can't reach my OctoPi on my school's network

What is the problem?
I can't reach the OctoPi instance when it's connected to my school's network.

What did you already try to solve it?
I happen to be the network admin at my school, so I can see it on the network topology map: it gets an IP both via WiFi and Ethernet and I can even see it talking to the internet, but I am not able to access the web interface or even ping it, IP or octopi.local. I've tried giving it a static IP, but that didn't do anything. I've ensured it's on the correct vLAN.

When I connect it to my home network via Ethernet everything works fine, so this is probably a network issue, but I have no idea what it might be, so any help would be appreciated!

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
I can not access the Pi to get the logs, sorry.

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)
I am using a Raspberry Pi B+ Rev 1.3 and a Windows laptop. It's a professional grade Ubiquity network, let me know if you need specifics.

Usually, school or enterprise networks have a 'Client isolation' type of feature. This disallows devices on the network from communicating with each other for security reasons. Very common on 'public' networks.

Sometimes, you can disable this per-device, I'm not familiar with your setup to say. You might be able to exempt your Pi from the isolation, so other computers can access it.

Aha, that makes a lot of sense! I'll look around and see if I can find a way to do that, thank you!