Can't save the Options since update from 1.3.8 to 1.3.9

Hello @all.

I despair because I am a complete novice in this topic. Can someone give me a hint or help?

Since I've done an update to the current version 1.3.9. I can not save the options. Octoprint puts everything back on the old value.
With version 1.3.8, everything worked fine.

I have three times the previous version installed and then carried out an update, each time the same problem.

OctoPrint version: 1.3.8 to 1.3.9
OctoPi version: 0.15.1

Update:
If I click once on the "Save" button, he seems to save it but it will not close the settings.
If I then go to "Close" he puts everything back to the old values and if I click on "X" he saves the settings.
Is this normal for this version? In the previous version he closed the settings when clicking on "Save".

Update 2:
After Reboot he puts everything back to the old values. :frowning:

1 Like

Open the Settings dialog box then with your browser, open the Developer's console. For some people, that means right-mouse clicking the webpage and choosing something like Inspect. For others, it means pressing the F12 key.

Find the Console tab and also, look for anything marked in red which indicates problems in the JavaScript, for example. Here in my case, that yellow triangle with a 1 can be clicked to show more information. Yours might be red and you'd want to click that as well.

I'm guessing that one of your plugins may have a JavaScript error which then stops running any more JavaScript, say, the kind of code which runs the Save/Close functionality for those two buttons.

Try all this again while running in Safe Mode from the System menu at the top. Does it now behave? Then the problem was one of your plugins.

1 Like

Hi @OutsourcedGuru,

thank you for your answer. :blush:

In Normal Mode and Safe Mode I have the same red error in the console. :confused:

Here the Error from the Console:

ConfiguredLoggers has not changed. Not saving.
packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:9601 POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx/api/settings 500 (INTERNAL SERVER ERROR)
send @ packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:9601
ajax @ packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:9207
OctoPrintClient.ajax @ packed_client.js?4a844250:143
OctoPrintClient.ajaxWithData @ packed_client.js?4a844250:152
OctoPrintClient.post @ packed_client.js?4a844250:164
OctoPrintClient.postJson @ packed_client.js?4a844250:177
OctoPrintSettingsClient.save @ packed_client.js?4a844250:1241
SettingsViewModel.self.saveData @ packed_core.js?c7070632:4441
(anonymous) @ VM1571:3
(anonymous) @ packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:11395
dispatch @ packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:5184
elemData.handle @ packed_libs.js?331a1bb5:4992

Oh Okey, thank you @Scott_W for the information. :slight_smile:

I have the version 1.3.10rc1 installed for testing now and it works.