Can't Set Temp?

What is the problem?

I have the temp set to 275C for CF nylon and, every time I click the preset in the drop-down on the temp screen, it goes to 275, then changes to 260 after a second.

There is no print running or anything as I know the gcode has the temp in it and it overrides the OctoPrint setting (is there a way to disable this so it just uses the OctoPrint temp?) so I can't really think of a reason it keeps changing on its own.

What did you already try to solve it?

Changed preset temps, rebooted everything, deleted gcode file off the OctoPrint.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I didn't even know there was a "safe mode"...

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Attached.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

• OctoPrint 1.8.1
  • Python 3.7.3
  • OctoPi 0.18.0
  • Ender 3 V2
  • Firmware is that modified, aftermarket firmware...don't remember what it's called.
  • Operating system?

octoprint-systeminfo-20220618075318.zip (41.4 KB)

This sounds like you are trying to go above the maximum temperature in the firmware so it is capping it. That seems like a sensible limit - the stock Ender 3 & it's extruder should not be set that hot as it will cause issues with the PTFE tube causing toxic fumes. Hopefully you've upgraded that...?

Ah. Going to have to look into that. Didn't know there was a limit. Thanks!

Yup, I've upgraded everything...all metal hot end, Bowden tube, hardened nozzle, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.