Change Wifi details, octodash taking over

What is the problem?

I cannot find anywhere how to stop octodash starting (stuck on initialising) so I can access Octopi UI to check wifi details. Wifi details are the same HOWEVER router needed to be wiped and reconfigured for new ISP to work. Every device I own has needed details reconfigured (even though username and password are identical.

**I only have basic knowledge but I am learning and trying. :slight_smile: Thank you!

What did you already try to solve it?

Nothing. I am stuck.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No. I cannot interface anything.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

if you can plug a keyboard in you can hold down the ctrl key and then hit t followed by k and it will close OctoDash.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your response. As I got the notification for your message I had just pressed WRITE on a redo of the entire SD card. Next time!

I guess my next question is how much of my previous settings can/should I move over? I copy and pasted the whole SD card to my desktop.

Thank you again @jneilliii !

Next time, use OctoPrint's built in backup & restore feature if you can, to save a lot of effort.

If you just directly copied the 'boot' partition from your SD card, then this doesn't contain any relevant data, just the code for booting the Pi and setting up wifi etc. Windows (I don't know what OS you are using but if it is Windows) can't read the main partition of the SD card where all the data is stored.

Everything for OctoPrint's configuration is in ~/.octoprint/, I would install the plugins manually.

Highly recommend my backup scheduler plugin, and either @Charlie_Powell 's OneDrive Backup plugin, my Google Drive Backup plugin, or the Dropbox TImelapse plugin (works with backup events too) to have offsite backups of your settings/files,plugins etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.