Cheap eBay 3.5" screen pointer backwards

mouse pointer horizontally reversed

What is the problem? I cannot find any instructions, or guidance to reverse it.

What did you already try to solve it? I have pursued several guided instruction strings to re calibrate, to reload the driver, reload different driver, add dev device edits, all rebooting into either no successful boot into TouchUI, or, boots through to Octoprint, but still had reversed pointer. I've got a lot of suggestion to throw it in the trash, and buy adafruit screen, but thought, for as diligent as linux people are, surely someone has resolved this, and I just havent found that information yet. Thank you in advance, for any time, and effort!

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, what kind of hardware precisely, ...)This is running on a Raz pi 4, on an 8gb sdcard. The problematic screen is: " 3.5" RPI Display
480 x 320 Pixel 16bit
XPT2046 Touch Controller
eBay seller instructions which were a dead end for me:

1. Use the Putty connection to log in to the Raspberry Pi system to the user command line (initial username: pi password: raspberry)
    1. Execute the following command (after copying, click the right mouse button in the Putty window to paste):
  • Sudo rm -rf LCD-show
  • Git clone GitHub - goodtft/LCD-show: 2.4" 2.8"3.2" 3.5" 5.0" 7.0" TFT LCD driver for the Raspberry PI 3B+/A/A+/B/B+/PI2/ PI3/ZERO/ZERO W
  • Chmod -R 755 LCD-show
  • Cd LCD-show/
  • Sudo ./LCD35-show
    ...I was dead at the first instruction, " Sudo rm -rf LCD-show "
    again, I am very "novice" at this, but love to learn, and very open, and appreciative to suggestion! Any, and all help is appreciated, and will be paid forward!!

Thank you, Aaron

The command sudo rm -rf LCD-show removes the files and the directory LCD-show. If the directory does not exist (ls -l), then the command will fail. Ignore the failure and move on to the next step which should start with git clone . This should create the directory LCD-show and files into it.

Linux commands are usually all lower case so I'm going to assume that the capitalization in your post is because you didn't use the preformatted text ( </>) button to surround the commands. Follow the rest of the instructions being careful to use the correct capitalization (i.e. none).

Thank you for the the reply! No, I did not know that, ..and in fact, it was a direct, and accurate copy and paste from the ebay sellers item auction page. It makes perfect sense, rm is remove,...thank thought for that! I actually am sitting with 2 sdcards that when inserted into the raz pi 4 will boot from white,....to scrolling Linux text,....to touch UI,...to the black and blue octoprint,,and function I've discovered when navigated by tabbing a usb connected keyboard,....and or putty. I feel like I am SO CLOSE to having it, I hate the bail!.
All that's left is reversing the functional cursor that moves horizontally left from right, and right from left. Up and down is correct.

Aaron