Chrome freeze after few clicks

What is the problem?

My chrome browser (Version 83.0.4103.116 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)) freezes the octoprint tab after doing anything on the webinterface. Other browsers work and chrome works with everything else also flawless.

What did you already try to solve it?

Removed all cookies and cleaned the browser's cache.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

I don't find any issues inside the logs.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

Version 1.4.0 on OctoPi 0.17.0

You kept the part of the template that says what to supply "at a minimum" and the statement "no logs, no support" yet you failed to provide anything for US to help you with except YOU didn't find any issues. Perhaps you might let US decide.

i am sorry. I know but didn't find any log entry with a timestamp matching any access. I checked octoprint, haproxy and syslog.

Any suggestion where I can find any information?

Thanks Gerd

Did that happen while watching the cam stream or does it happen on every page?

Everywhere :pensive:

Having the same problems. Since a week (before I updated Chrome to 84.0.4147.89) the tabs with octoprint crash:

• clicking update or ignore for a plugin from the notification popup.
  • at the end of a print, the last thing is the notification popup that a timelapse is being created
  • trying to setup a newly installed image (octopi 0.17.0) on a different pi, chrashes during wizard.
  • trying to enter the setup to figure out which version is currently running

Essentially everywhere.

BTW crashes means:

• 100+% CPU time
  • more more interaction possible in that tab

Closing the tab and opening a new one makes no difference. Shutting down chrome and trying again makes no difference. Even after a reboot: no difference.

Can confirm, having the same issues as Doranku, Chrome tab freezes with 100+ CPU time. (Chrome version 84.0.4147.105)

Using the latest Chromium based Microsoft Edge this issue does not occur. This only happens with Chrome.

Would you happen to have the Chrome extension KeePassXC installed?

Indeed I have. Will test this