Chrome not connecting to Octopi, but Firefox does


#1

Hi everybody!

I was about to post a lengthy ramble about my Windows 10 laptop with Chrome not connecting anymore to my Octopi (while my far away desktop computer does) giving a DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG error message (see picture) after some updates (Pi-wise and Windows-wise) and how flushing the IP adress doesn't solve the problem and so on and so on... - but: In a moment of pure genius I just tested Firefox and everything is running fine. So, problem not solved, but cleverly bypassed. Just in case somebody else is near to throwing the damn stuff through the closed window... :slight_smile:

Cheers, Jorre


#2

I did a write-up for name resolution problems (mostly for Windows users). From a command prompt, try ping octopi.local. If that's successful, it may put your Raspberry Pi's network address in your arp cache, which could allow it to succeed more in Chrome (in this case).


#3

Thanks - I'll see into that when I'm back home...