Close Browser = Printer Stops

What is the problem?

I had an EMI Problem which I solved with an USV. But I have now an old issue. I can open the octopi webpage and start a print. This print runs fine as long as I keep the webpage open. As soon as I close the browser, the printer stopps after some time. And "connection failed" will start then. I can even fire up prints and close the browser after the start of the print and the same happens. As long as the browser runs, the printer doesnt have the issue. I printed something yesterday for around 8-10 hours until did go to bed and closed the browser.

What did you already try to solve it?

I did deactivate all plugins, had this same behavior with an other board (pi2 upgraded to pi3).

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no, I use PSU control to power the printer. Thats Why I need the plugins to run the printer.
I will try that shortly, but need to change the wiring.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

(untested)

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20240411095832.zip (64.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup

I use latest chrome to open the webpanel. I did remove -y from webcam and downgraded to 640x480 again, as the webcam seams unstable with higher settings. -y fixed an issue where white/Black bars like waves go from top to bottom always. with -y I hade way less, but think thats because of the cam... will ignore them for now.

Seems you disabled some of the plugins that may actually help identify issues.

If you are experiencing undervoltage it could be causing the comms to drop and then OctoPrint disconnects. I think closing the browser is just a coincidence.

I never had untervoltage problems, I use the offically raspi powersupply. I bought one espessially with 2A support on 5 Volt.

As I did isolate the 5V power from the raspi to the printer, raspi should have more than enough power to operate.

but will enable it and see